Organised by Milestone Systems, a Danish provider of IP-based video management software and network video recorders for surveillance installations, the four-day Milestone Systems Community Days 2017 (MIPS 2017) event – “Together We Make The World See” took place at The Parisian in Cotai, Macao, China, from Feb 28 to Mar 1 has ended on a sweet note, with Gala Dinner followed by Awards Ceremony to complete the MIPS 2017.
Before the start of the Agenda Meeting on Day 2, registered delegates gathered for a Welcome Reception held at the Pool Pavilion at The Parisian Hotel for a night of fellowship. The night was chilly, and Milestone hosted cocktails, dinner and drinks for its MIPS attendees.
The 2017’s symposium saw about 280 registered delegates, including alliance partners of the open platform community, sponsor attended the event. The main highlights of this year’s edition were the area zones, which was redesigned as an innovation lab with five exhibitor zones comprising 21 booths, including Milestone, also featuring Video Analytics, Hardware, Cameras and others.
To tackle the world of challenging security and surveillance issues, the purpose of choosing the right solutions is essential for an integrated security success. For companies in the CCTV, security and surveillance industry looking for product sourcing options, Milestone aim to serve as the ideal platform for business partners to network, build business opportunities, exchange ideas, view new and existing innovative products and technology trends and best practices from world’s leading advanced security vendors and software service providers.
MIPS 2017 keynote address focused on topics such as: Leading the Industry into the Future, Creating a Platform for the Future, Milestone Product Roadmap, The Innovative Community and Defining the Future Together. The Plenary Sessions were guided by the Milestone team respectively:
• Kenneth Hune Petersen, Chief Sales and Marketing Officer for Denmark office
• Hans Jorgen Skovgaard, Vice President, R&D and Support
• Yesh Bharadwaj, Business Development Manager of Asia-Pacific
• Kirsten Hojland, Vice President of Corporate Marketing
• Benjamin Low, Vice President Sales for Asia Pacific Region
Keynote presentation was addressed by Industry Speaker, Mr Lin Hai Xiong, Research & Consulting Director of East China Architecture Design & Research Institute. In addition, industry leaders and experts from across the sectors were invited to discuss cutting-edge solutions in the safety and security projects, from retail solutions to city surveillance, identifying opportunities and adopting some of the best practices and approaches with Milestone solutions. The discussions presented during Partner Success Stories and Keynote Presentations covered topics as follows:
Partner Success Stories
• City Surveillance for BuPyeong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City, Korea
• National Thermal Power Plant – Where Community Converges
• Mobile Video Analytics
• Prosegur Integra
MIPS delegates also had the opportunity to attend the Business Tracks & Technology sessions conducted by partners and representatives from Milestone open platform community. The topics discussed current challenges and opportunities, industry trends, new insights into new and existing technologies through:
Business Track Session:
• Access Control & Video Integration: A Different Sales Process Ripe With Opportunity
• Margin & Profitability With Milestone
• Navigating The Milestone Landscape In APAC
• How Advances In Existing Technologies Are Evolving The Business Model For System Integrators
Technology Track Session:
• New & Cool Stuff In The XProtect Platform
• Video Enabling The Internet Security Things Through Metadata
• Public Safety And Transportation Interoperability
• Cloud Solutions That Work With Today’s Technology
Strongly supported by Agent Video Intelligence, AllGoVision technologies, Allied Telesis, Axis Communications, Bosch, Canon, Cudo Communication, Dahua Technology, Dell EMC, IBM, iCetana, Ipsotek, NEC Corporation, Oncam, P2, Promise Technology, Quantum, Seagate, SecuRex Solution Limited, Spectra Logic, Snap FMx and VIVAVO, MIPS 2017 was proudly sponsored by 21 companies, with Axis Communications, Quantum and Seagate as Platinum Sponsors.
The full report of the Milestone Systems Community Days 2017 (MIPS 2017) will be published in the subsequent issues of Security Solution Today.
For more information about Milestone Systems, please visit https://www.milestonesys.com/